© Reuters. TBB published an announcement on banking transactions within the framework of full closure measures
TBB published an announcement regarding banking transactions within the framework of the full closure measures.
The details of the TBB announcement are as follows:
In line with the decision taken by the Presidential Cabinet on April 26, 2021, based on the decision of the Ministry of Internal Affairs to be implemented on April 29 – May 17, 2021, to be valid for the periods specified in the circular, the Banks Association of Turkey It has been found useful to inform the public about the decisions taken on the following issues.
Banking services and branch applications: It is obvious that the rules must be followed precisely in order for the measures taken to be successful. In this context, it is important for bank customers to perform their transactions using non-branch service channels during the restriction.
Banks will continue their banking services and payment systems uninterruptedly, paying utmost attention to the protection of society, customer and employee health.
Bank branches will serve between 10.00 – 16.00 hours, with a reasonable number of personnel, the number of which will be determined by the bank management. Bank customers can access information on open branches in their regions through the relevant banks’ website and other communication channels.
In check transactions, since the bank branches are open during the restriction period, in case the customer (check holder) who comes to the bank branch requests to be processed as a bearer by presenting his / her check,
– check payments can be made if there is money in the account,
– If the provision for the check is not available in the account, action may be taken by the addressee bank in accordance with the provisions of the relevant legislation. On the other hand, check holders who cannot submit their check to the bank due to the curfew will be able to benefit from the following article 811 of the Turkish Commercial Code.
ARTICLE 811- (1) If the submission or protest of the check within the time limits specified by law or an equivalent determination cannot be achieved due to an impermissible obstacle such as the legislation of a state or any force majeure, the specified periods for these transactions are extended.
(2) The holder is obliged to notify the force majeure to his endorsement without delay and to record this notice on a check or alon and sign it by writing the place and date under it. The provisions of Article 723 also apply here.
(3) After the removal of the force majeure, the holder must present the check without delay for payment purposes and, when necessary, protest or make an equivalent determination.
(4) If the force majeure continues for more than fifteen days from the day the holder has notified this reason to the debtor who came before him, provided that it is before the end of the submission period, the right to apply without the need to submit a check and protest or an equivalent determination may be used.
(5) The facts related to the holder or the person assigned to present the check, protest or make a determination of the same nature are not considered as force majeure.
Due to the curfew and the closure of the branch of the bank to be processed in this context, it has been decided to advise the members to extend the performance periods to customers who will not be able to fulfill their obligations to banks on time between April 30 and May 14, 2021, provided that the customers demand and the parties agree.
Risk Center Notices:
It has been decided to remind and advise the members of the notifications made to the Banks Association of Turkey Risk Center according to the Force Majeure Application of the Risk Center Circular for customers who may not be able to fulfill their actions on time. We believe that we will overcome this process with unity and solidarity. We would like to express our gratitude to all those who strive to overcome difficult days, especially our healthcare professionals, members of the financial sector and all those who have contributed. We would like to thank our valued bank customers who are sensitive about performing their transactions using non-branch channels.
-iDeal News Center-