ANKARA, 3 May (Reuters) – The export, import and foreign trade developments for April and the first 4 months of the year, announced by Trade Minister Mehmet Muş, are as follows:
- Our strong performance in exports continued in April, and our exports increased by 109% to $ 18.8 billion.
- With this value, we achieved the highest April export figure of all time and also the second highest monthly export of all years.
- As of today, we can say that our exports are kept above pre-pandemic levels.
- Our imports, on the other hand, increased by 61.4% in April compared to the same month of the previous year and reached 21.9 billion dollars.
- Thus, our foreign trade deficit in April declined from $ 4.6 billion to $ 3.1 billion, decreasing by 31.9% compared to April 2020.
- The ratio of exports to imports increased from 66.2% to 85.7% in April 2021, with an increase of 19.5 points compared to the same month of the previous year.
- In the January-April period, our exports increased by 33.1% to 68.8 billion dollars.
- Imports, on the other hand, increased by 19.8% and reached 82.9 billion dollars in the January-April period.
- In the January-April period, our foreign trade deficit decreased by 19.5% from 17.6 billion dollars to 14.2 billion dollars.
- In the first place, we set out with a zero deficit target in goods and services trade.
- Then, we will strive to become a country that is self-sufficient, has a surplus in the trade of goods and services, and produces and exports with added value.
- We want to use our proximity to European, Asian and Middle Eastern markets more effectively in our foreign trade and to reinforce our country’s superiority in production and supply.
- In addition, we wish to strengthen our commercial and economic relations in parallel with the developing diplomatic relations with Egypt in the upcoming period.
- Again, we will analyze in depth the countries with high foreign trade deficit in our bilateral trade; We consider the realization of bilateral trade with these countries in a fair and balanced way as our priority agenda item, and even our national issue.
- Today, we are one step closer to exceeding our Mid-Term Program target of $ 184 billion for the end of 2021.
- Now is the time to talk about increasing our annual exports above $ 200 billion.
Fusion Media or anyone involved with Fusion Media will not accept any liability for loss or damage as a result of reliance on the information including data, quotes, charts and buy/sell signals contained within this website. Please be fully informed regarding the risks and costs associated with trading the financial markets, it is one of the riskiest investment forms possible.